PAUL SEGUN OLAMIJULO
CCIE (DATA CENTRE) #52282
Plot 5 Stephen Osunlalu Street, +2349098716959, +2348099992748. Behind Deeper Life, Gbagada Lagos, Nigeria. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
NETWORK SECURITY & DATA CENTRE SPECIALIST
Highly skilled, analytical and multifaceted IT Support Risk, Security and Audit professional offering more than 8 years of experience in operations IT consulting, IT project management, relationship management, change management, contract negotiation, business analysis, requirements analysis, software systems implementation and support, systems audit, user requirements documentation, application security administration, IT Security management, technical training, database administration, software quality control and assurance. A background that incorporates a blend of experience in change management, program development, business development and contract management.
A self-starter, with understanding of working in a complex technical environment, driven to
exceed performance expectations with recognition for strong proactive and result oriented capabilities.
▪ Risk Management/ ISO 31000
▪ Global Project Delivery
▪ Strategic Planning/Analysis
▪ System Administration (Microsoft/Linux)
▪ Data Center Specialist/CCIE #52282
▪ Cloud Computing /EXIN
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
▪ Multitasking ▪ ▪ Competitive Intelligence ▪ ▪ Change Management (ITIL Expert) ▪ ▪ Enterprise Architecture/TOGAF 9.1 ▪ ▪ Information Security ▪ ▪ IT Governance/COBIT 5 ▪
Contract & Negotiations Client Management/Sales Cross Functional CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Network Security Compliance/ISO/PCI DSS
Feb 2018 – Till Date
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SOUTHGATE TECHNOLOGIES, LAGOS NIGERIA
PRESALES/SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT, Business Solutions Unit
• I provide design, deployment, support and Presales services for Data Center technologies.
• I perform research on Data Center Solutions and Developments from OEM as well as customer
• I ensure quality and technical delivery of all Data Center related solution and liaise with other team leads
for smooth integration of Data Center Solutions with other solutions.
• I respond to and follow up sales enquiries, leads by emails or from the sales/marketing team, telephone,
and personal visits to customers where necessary.
• I make conscious efforts to develop excellent communication and presentation skills to engage customers
in terms of sales presentation, development and carry along group members.
• I help to increase Southgate’s share in Data Center solutions
• In conjunction with the marketing and presales team, i maintain and develop existing and new customers
through planned individual account support as required.
• I monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information for Data Center Solutions
• I often carry out market research on new products, competitor and customer requirement surveys and
suggest ways to better position our Infrastructure portfolio.
• I assist in liaising and attending meetings with other company and functions necessary to perform duties,
aid business and organizational development.
Professional experience continued…….
PAUL SEGUN OLAMIJULO: Resume, Page 2
• I assist in the development of quality proposals, quote and design for our clients.
• I participate and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and
• I help to effect other business the organization requires using my skills and competencies and all other self-
initiated or delegated assignments by my supervisor to agreed targets.
OURANOS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED, LAGOS NIGERIA Mar 2017 – October 2017 SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
• Analyze site survey reports and develop specifications of requirements and plans for installation and commissioning of hardware and software.
• Use network management systems software to create ad-hoc network models and complex network statistical analyses
• Successfully use network management tools to investigate, diagnose and resolve network problems within service level agreement tolerances, referring to network users, other staff, and suppliers, as and when necessary at MTN Benin Republic
• Using standard procedures and tools to perform defined tasks associated with the planning, installation, upgrade, operation, control and maintenance of local and wide area networks for communication of data, voice, text or images within one or more computer systems at MTN Benin Republic.
• Assist with Clients cutovers at MTN Benin Republic.
• Perform ISDN Testing for MTN Benin Republic.
• Perform Onsite Installations and Testing for MTN Benin Republic.
• Make changes during scheduled change windows for MTN Benin Republic.
• Resolve 95% of calls within SLA for MTN Benin Republic.
• I communicate regularly with SMC with regards to call status and progress.
• Provide detailed personal advice and guidance to all users in the effective use of systems, products and
services available to them.
• Assist MTN Benin users in making more effective use of desktop systems, products and services,
investigating complex problem situations to diagnose underlying causes and helping users to recover or
• Provide an effective interface between users and service providers, for all requests that cannot be resolved,
supplying all necessary diagnostic information, according to established procedures.
• Propose, discuss and evaluate potential solutions with service providers and implement agreed field
modifications or workarounds as directed.
• Log requests for change (RFCs) on the change management database, ensuring accuracy and consistency
of data for MTN Benin Republic
• Perform simple enquiries on the status of changes, using the change database as and where appropriate
• Regularly contacts clients/users, for whom change management service is provided, to raise queries and
provide information, entering details on to the client/user database as and when appropriate.
• Constantly circulates change documentation to a defined distribution of clients/users at MTN Benin
• Continuously assist MTN Benin in planning and monitoring utilization and capacity for current and
proposed systems, including changes, by performing defined tasks
• Successfully assist MTN Benin in investigating, diagnosing and resolving problems as and when directed
• Maintain a good understanding of the disposition and capacity of installed system components at MTN
Benin Republic and the capacity and performance implications of their inter-working.
• Select appropriately from available tools and techniques in order to fulfil requirements to generate
accurate information for measuring, estimating, planning and tuning capacity for MTN Benin.
• Always maintain an awareness of existing and future service commitments and the configuration designs
associated with them.
NETWORKERZ HOME, BANGALORE INDIA Jan 2015 – April 2016
PAUL SEGUN OLAMIJULO: Resume, Page 3
DATA CENTRE ENGINEER
▪ Installed, configured, and maintained Cisco Nexus Switches (2248, 5500 and 7000 series), Cisco UCS, Cisco MDS Switches and Cisco Nexus 1000v switches. Configured and deployed Data Center technologies [i.e. NX-OS, SVI, VRF, VPC, VDC, VSAN, FCOE, FC, FCIP, FabricPath, FEX, Fabric Interconnects (FI), etc.]
▪ Provided SAN connectivity; maintained documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information.
▪ Assisted in installing, configuring and maintaining system hardware and software; analyses and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems; monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges.
▪ Established and maintained user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; researches, analyses, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems; develops, maintains and implements network support, and archiving procedures.
▪ Maintained excellent communication with my Datacentre Manager on all tasks and projects. I was Responsible for communicating with clients, students, peers, team and managers regarding incident and change management. Provided emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
▪ Delivered detailed consultative solutions, technical and sales support for selected major account opportunities. Understand business requirements for customer base and translate them into technical requirements.
▪ Designed and implemented business solutions utilizing networking equipment. Used network analysis, management and performance monitoring tools to diagnose problems and determine source.
COMMUNICATION HUBS LIMITED, LAGOS, NIGERIA Feb 2014 – Jan 2015 HEAD, IT SECURITY ENGINEER
▪ Successfully provisioned several IT Security solutions and devices for deployment in client locations. Executed
number of POC with partner companies and organizations. Presented and sold IT security solutions to banks
and multinational companies and accommodated with constructive opinions.
▪ Installed, configured and deployed McAfee ePO orchestrator to Diamond Bank Limited, Nigeria also installed,
configured and maintained high end security solutions (McAfee HIPS and McAfee ePO) for some private firms.
▪ Expertly designed and implemented standard SOC for two multinational firms in Nigeria. Administered IT
security infrastructure and performed as catalyst for the awarding of big contracts and projects to firm.
▪ Identified and analyzed areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success of organizations i
INTERSWITCH LIMITED, LAGOS, NIGERIA Sep 2012 – Jan 2014 HEAD, ENTERPRISE SECURITY ENGINEER
▪ Defined network and system security policies and processes. Administered the enterprise network security
infrastructure. Ensured optimal performance of the network security infrastructure.
▪ Designed and implemented a network security operations center. Designed/planned secured enterprise
network based on specified corporate vision statements, initiatives, strategies and operational requirements.
▪ Protected the network against external intrusion by performing proper hardening of deployed servers.
Ensured data integrity on Interswitch network (Using McAfee SIEM, McAfee ePO & McAfee DAM).
▪ I assisted in the risk management and control processes of the Interswitch network which is usually carried out
on quarterly basis.
▪ As the lead security engineer in charge of the overall security of the company asset & infrastructure, I also
worked alongside the fraud detection & management team using unique Fraud solutions such as ScoreBridge
for both e-banking and card fraud management.
▪ Ensured maintenance of the Interswitch PCI DSS certification annually. Ensured optimal performance and use
of the risk and fraud detection systems. Ensure appropriate rights and privileges for network users are
▪ Maintained, monitored logs and enterprise events using McAfee Security Event and Information Management
SIEM and SolarWind Syslog manager.
▪ I conducted frequent policy review and compliance to standards which included my frequent discussion with
external and internal stakeholders relating to various internal projects
PAUL SEGUN OLAMIJULO: Resume, Page 4
▪ Ensured Interswitch attained PCI DSS Certification Annually just like the last gotten September 2013. Implemented vulnerability management using security software such as Qualys Guard, GFI Languard, and McAfee DAM.
▪ Assisted with the Facilitation of over 15 banks Malware and Threat Management system using third party solutions such as McAfee, Kaspersky, and Microsoft. Secured bank FEP which is the core and most important servers in the banks alongside other key servers.
▪ Efficiently maintained safety and security of all Interswitch infrastructure and core servers by deploying regular patches and carrying out proper hardening on the server.
▪ Identified key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments especially during the PCI DSS recertification project.
Projects Implemented and Maintained:
▪ Installed configured and maintained a Comprehensive Biometric Solution using Interswitch set out standards and policies which is used for Physical security and HR management of staff punctuality.
▪ Installed configured and maintained McAfee Security Information and Event Management solution (SIEM) on the Interswitch Network used for compliance, infrastructural security and log management.
▪ Installed configured and maintained McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) used for centralized antivirus management and McAfee Database Activity Monitoring solution used by Interswitch for Database security.
▪ Installed configured and maintained the Qualys Guard Vulnerability Manager used for both internal and
external network vulnerability management.
▪ Installed configured and maintained the Bit9 Parity solution used by the company for PCIDSS compliance
purpose and for Whitelisting and McAfee Data Loss Prevention Solution (DLP) on the Interswitch Network.
TOPGUN TECHNOLOGIES PVT, BANGALORE, INDIA Nov. 2011 – Aug. 2012 CISCO SECURITY ENGINEER
▪ Installed configured and maintained Cisco Routers, Switches (1800, 2500 & 2600 series), Cisco ASA firewalls,
Pix (5505, 5510, 5520 and 5540), Cisco Intrusion Prevention System and Cisco Intrusion Detection System.
▪ Expertly defined and maintained system security policies and methods. Ensured optimal performance of the network security infrastructure using third party software and data integrity on Topgun Technologies network.
EXXONMOBIL NIGERIA UNLIMITED, LAGOS, NIGERIA April 2010 – Aug 2011 INFRASTRUCTURAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
▪ Carefully identified and resolved back-end technical computing infrastructure problems for over 15,000 users
locally and globally. Analyzed and optimized system performance of Computing Infrastructures
▪ Installed, configured and tested Standard Technical Computing Server and Network Infrastructure/Devices.
(60 HP & DELL Servers, 45 Cisco routers/Switches and 3 Tape Libraries).
▪ Ensured that quality of service is achieved and maintained and optimal performance of the network security infrastructure. Provided On-Site Support for Global/Regional Initiated Updates, Upgrades and Changes.
▪ Developed and follow operating procedures. Provisioned Operation and Maintenance Support for Network, Server and Telecommunication Infrastructure. Provided effective Service Support for both Local and Global users.
APTECH COMPUTERS, LAGOS, NIGERIA July 2009 – Feb 2010 IT CONSULTANT
▪ Designed training programs appropriate to the skills needed and trained over 15 professionals on advanced
networking monthly (N+ and CCNA) and over 30 IT professionals on 7 Microsoft MCSE Modules.
PAUL SEGUN OLAMIJULO:
Resume, Page 5
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science (2nd Class Upper Division)
Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA Data Centre
Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP Data Centre
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert CCIE Data Centre
Information Technology Infrastructural Library Expert (ITIL EXPERT)
TOGAF 9.1, CC & C Solutions India
McAfee Security Solutions and Devices (i.e. McAfee ePO, McAfee DAM, McAfee DLP, McAfee HIPS, McAfee SIEM) McAfee University South Africa
Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNP Security
Checkpoint R75 Firewall Professional
Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA Security
Red Hat Linux System Administration, Essentials, Networking and Security
Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP)
Certified Ethical Hacker (C.E.H)
ITIL Expert Certified Professional (ITIL 2011 EXPERT) Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator (CCSA R75 Certified) Certified Ethical Hacker (C.E.H)
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert CCIE Data Centre #52282 Red Hat Certified Engineer (R.H.C.E)
Sun Certified Java Programmer Platform 5.0 (SCJP)
ISO 31000 Certified Risk Manager
IT Service Management (ISO/IEC 20000)
TOGAF 9.1 (In View)
• Expert knowledge and skills with Cisco Nexus 7K, 5k, 2K features
• Expert knowledge of fibre channel switching and converged infrastructure
• Strong knowledge of cisco ISR routers and Cisco iOS switches
• Strong knowledge and skills to work on Cisco UCS using UCS manager
• Proficiency in routing/switching: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VLANs, STP, VTP, IOS, NX-OS
• Strong understanding of server and network virtualization technologies, including ESX standard and
distributed switches, Nexus 1000V switches, VRFs, VPCs, and VDCs
• Strong knowledge of Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS), VMware, and storage networking
• Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management
protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPsec)
• Proficiency in creating data centre networking architectures and designs, including architectural standards
and principles, general design documentation, bills of material, and configurations
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network management
• Exceptional network troubleshooting skills in mission critical networks
• Good understanding of information and network security; Cisco IPS and cisco ASA technologies
- 2005/2009 Bachelor of Science